Friday, May 15, 2009

Six Weeks Old


Today Nick is six weeks old! He is getting bigger and bigger everyday. We put him in his car seat, and then we looked at the pictures from when we brought him home - what a difference! It's amazing how fast they grow and change these first few months. He is making more and different noises, and he has "found" his tongue and likes to stick it out and "play" with it.

I had a fantastic Mother's Day weekend. Saturday morning Nick and I took Grandma Juarez out to breakfast. She gave me a coffee cup she had made with a picture of Nick from the day we brought him home, and it says "Happy 1st Mother's Day." Saturday evening we went to Grammie and Grandpa Lundberg's house for dinner. Uncle Jim made chicken kabobs, and Grammie gave me some beautiful white roses and a little monogram T notepad. Sunday we just hung out at home, our little family of three - Jeff made breakfast (scrambled eggs :) ) and we had Chinese food for dinner. Jeff also gave me two totally perfect cards - one from him and one from Nick. He took care of Nick all day, all I had to do was nurse. It gave me time to finally arrange my closet - after almost three months of living here :) We did not get around to taking pictures of our feet but we will do that soon.

Monday Nick and I went to Costco - he slept the whole time! The cashier was surprised he was only five weeks and said he looked "good and healthy" for a five week old - that made me smile :) Tuesday we stayed home, and Jeff worked from home from 5:30 till 8:00 pm, so it was a long day :) Wednesday evening was my six week post-partum check-up. Nick did not enjoy the car ride home for some reason - he is pretty hit or miss in his car seat. Sometimes he will just sit in it, quietly alert, or sleep in it, and sometimes he wails as soon as we set him down in it. Thursday was Nick's first La Leche League meeting - I'm so sad, I forgot to take a picture! I nursed him once at the meeting, and told his birth story and talked about our nursing relationship so far. Friday we hung around the house, getting ready for Bryan, Nicole, Avery and Sarah's visit. They arrived around 5:45 pm. We all ate dinner together, and then just sat around and talked for hours after the babies and Sarah were asleep. Avery was so cute with Nick - she kept saying 'cute baby' and giving him gentle pats and kisses.

Bryan, Nicole, Avery and Sarah are here through Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon Nick gets to have some one-on-one time with dad while I go to a bridal shower. This week and next week I'll be going to work all day on Wednesday, so Jeff will be home with Nick all day. I also plan on taking Nick to his daycare one day this week to "introduce" him to his "teacher," Miss Melissa. Next weekend is Memorial Day weekend - we are headed up to Ludington so Nick can finally meet the rest of the amazing Lundberg side of his family :) We will also be celebrating Grammie Lundberg's birthday sometime that weekend. This seems like a busy week - hope Nick is ready for it! :)

No comments: